Page Nav



Classic Header


Breaking News:


Planned Parenthood Performed More Abortions Despite Decrease In Patients, Latest Report Shows

  Planned Parenthood performed more abortions in 2021 and 2022 despite a massive decrease in patients, according to its latest annual report...

 Planned Parenthood performed more abortions in 2021 and 2022 despite a massive decrease in patients, according to its latest annual report.

The country’s largest abortion provider reported that it performed 392,715 abortions in the fiscal year ending in fall 2022.

That total is more than 18,000, or 5% higher, than the number of abortions performed the previous year, according to an analysis by the Charlotte Lozier Institute. It’s also a 20% increase over the organization’s past 10 annual reports.

Abortions made up more than 97% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy resolution services. Prenatal care, miscarriage care, and adoption referrals made up the other less than 3%. All in all, the abortion provider performed 228 abortions for every adoption referral, a higher ratio than each of the past 10 years.

“Planned Parenthood’s business is abortion, abortion and more abortion,” said Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America.

“Their annual report shocks the conscience, showing that they ended nearly 393,000 American lives in a single year. This puts abortions performed by Planned Parenthood in the top four leading causes of death in the United States, after heart disease, cancer and COVID-19,” Dannenfelser said.

The annual reports “consistently provide solid evidence that Planned Parenthood continues to prioritize abortion,” said Michael New, a social scientist and senior associate scholar at the Charlotte Lozier Institute, which analyzed the report.

While abortions were spiking, Planned Parenthood was serving fewer patients.

The report shows a total of 2.05 million patients over this period, 80,000 fewer people than the previous year.

Since 2010, Planned Parenthood’s total services have plummeted 17%.

Prenatal services are down 80% since peaking in 2009, and contraceptive services are down 39%. Cancer prevention services, which include breast exams and pap tests, have declined by 71%.

Despite the decrease in patients and services, however, the abortion giant’s total revenue and taxpayer funding have climbed.

Planned Parenthood reported more than $2 billion in income in its latest annual report, an increase from the previous year.

Taxpayer funding has increased 43% since 2010, reaching $699.3 million in the latest report, nearly $2 million a day, and making up 34% of the organization’s total revenue.


The abortion provider also experienced a huge 44% jump in private donations for a total of $997.5 million.

Planned Parenthood’s total revenue over expenses was $178.6 million.

Pregnant women who walk into Planned Parenthood are “sold an abortion” 97% of the time rather than “helped to keep their child,” and meanwhile the abortion provider’s political arm spends money lobbying the federal government against “commonsense policies like protecting babies born alive after failed abortions,” Dannenfelser said.

No comments